8 Tips for Organizing Closet Spaces:
- Completely remove all of the clothes: This way you can start with a clean slate!
- Get rid of any old or unwanted items: Declutter, Declutter, Declutter! It is time to get rid of that sweater your aunt bought you 5 years ago.
- Remove unused hangers: Put unused hangers in a designated area to find them faster and easier. It also declutters your closet.
- Separate clothes according to style: It is much easier to find clothing when it is grouped according to the type of clothing (Example: short sleeves with short sleeves, jeans with jeans)
- Add storage bins (if necessary): Adding plastic draws or bins, can separate your clothes and further organize your belongings.
- Arrange them to maximize utility: We don’t all have the luxury of having a walk in closet so make sure you are using the most of the space you are given.
- Arrange clothes to fit your needs: Do what works for you! If you like to fold clothes and put them on shelves, then do it! If you like to put items on hangers, then do it! To ensure your closet will not be messy again in a week, arrange the items for what is practical for you.
- Keep your new and improved closet nice and tidy!